Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
A. This page is designed to help you understand the nature of what you will experience in our sessions as you enhance your learning.
II. How Do Your Sessions Work?
A. Our Approach
1. Our approach is primarily an alliance between the coach/consultant and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal and professional potential.
2. We value aspects of both coaching, which involves the coach drawing out the client's full potential and consulting, where the consultant brings expertise to the client's situation.
3. Our coaching/consulting relationship is a partnership which:
- Unlocks a potential to maximize performance.
- Allows the client flexibility
- Encourages Accountability
- Helps clients learn by doing
- Inspires creative thinking, growth, and strategies.
- Provides structure, advice and guidance.
4. Finally, the "answers" that you are looking for come about through the work done in our joint partnership.
B. Quick Definitions for Your Consideration
1. Coaching: Coaching develops leadership, strategy, relationships and communication through facilitation, accountability, listening, and challenge.
2. Consulting: Giving expert advice, strategies, expertise, and experienced opinions to clients on decisions and situations of importance. Consultants are specialists in their field.
3. Counselling: Helping people resolve psychological or mental health problems, through liscenced mental health counseling. We do not offer psychological or mental health counseling or therapy in our sessions.
III. What are the responsibilities of the Coach and Client?
A. The Basics
1. Clarify and encourage you to set the goals that you really want.
2. Help you and your team focus better in order to produce results more quickly.
3. Provide you with the tools, support and structure to accomplish more of your goals.
B. The Coach's Focus
1. The main focus is on helping each client navigate and enhance cross-cultural relationships, improve communication with peers and patients, and work towards reducing burnout and enhance well-being in their department.
C. Other Responsibilities of the Coach:
1. Ask questions, encourage, advise, challenge, make requests and listen.
2. Keep you on track with your goals, values and vision.
3. Value clarification, identifying plans of action, and examining modes of operating.
4. Giving feedback and empowering actions.
5. Provide and facilitate sessions.
6. Customize sessions to fit each client's need.
7. Demonstrate 100% commitment to the process.
D. Responsibilities of the Client
1. Expect Your Best - Give Your Best Effort.
2. Be Willing to Change and Take Action.
3. Be Open to Feedback.
4. Do the Required Homework.
5. Let Your Coach Know How You Feel About the Process.
6. Be Committed and Focused.
7. Request Adjustments as Needed to Help Your Learning.
8. Understand That You Will Grow.
9. Be Willing to Step Up to Face the Challenge.
10. Come Prepared. Fill out the Coaching Preparation Form.